It has been Venables Machine Works‘ goal since 1931 to become an all-around multi-service industrial manufacturer by vertically integrating and expanding. Specializing in large-scale custom and production services for local and global markets, through the addition of new manufacturing capabilities, the adoption of new technology, and the expansion of our in-house services and equipment, we are proud to say we have continued to meet the needs of a changing market.
Venables manufacturing facility is located in Saskatoon, Sask. and includes 56 employees. The 40,000-square-foot manufacturing facility includes the following:
- *New machine alert* JT15 YCM High-Performance Vertical Machining Centre
- 40-foot side walls
- 30-foot-by-30-foot overhead door
- Three 10-tonne, two seven-and-a-half-tonne, four five-tonne, and one 25-tonne overhead bridge cranes
We have gained a wealth of experience and knowledge through our involvement in many industries over the years, including mining, oil and gas-powered generation, and agriculture. With our commitment to listening to clients’ needs and solving problems, we have built a long-lasting relationship and provided them with products of exceptional value. We are known industry wide as the shop that is committed to conducting business with honesty, integrity, and quality while exceeding expectations of a vast customer base.
As a company that is employee owned and operated, we have a great sense of care for our community. These core values ensure our customers spend more time working on what is important and less time searching for a shop they can trust.
Welding & Fabrication
- Large-scale fabrication
- Custom & production fabrication
- Equipped welding & fabrication shop, supported by an experienced team of CWB-certified journeyman welders and fabricators
- Conventional and latest in CNC equipment
- Production and custom machining
- Large-diameter and weight capacities
- Expert journeyman machinist and skilled operators
- Prototype testing and design validation
- Portable INSITU machining and welding
- Mobile and on-site equipment repairs
- Emergency repair services
Mechanical Repair & Assembly
- Team of millwrights & mechanics experienced in all facets of the steel manufacturing industry and the unique repair requirements
If you do not know where to start, our engineering and design capabilities can assist in taking a project from concept to reality with ease. Once a product is designed and manufactured, we can also assist in prototype testing and authentication using in-house testing combined with a comprehensive quality management system.
Engineering & Design
Our team of highly trained and industry-experienced engineer technologists uses the latest in design software and provides value-added solutions to take the project from concepts to reality with 3D CAD modelling, design analysis, and finite element analysis simulation.
With over 90 years of experiences in professional pump rebuilds and repairs, we offer a comprehensive range of pump services, including:
- Design and application consulting, including reverse engineering of pump parts
- Pump-related material application, improvement, and recommendations
- In-house service capabilities covering all facets of machining and welding to yield expert pump rebuild with quick turnaround back to OEM or better tolerances.
- Application of industrial coatings to extend the life of your pump
- Provide full quotations with detailed as received inspection reports
Through many years of experience, we have collected a variety of expertise in a variety of pumps and components, including, but not limited to:
- Deep well turbine
- Vertical turbine pumps
- Submersible turbines
- Wastewater pumps
- Multi-stage centrifugal pumps
- Rotary gear pump
- Sump pumps
- Vacuum pumps
- High-pressure pump and components
- Impellers, volutes, and stuffing boxes
- Pump columns and shafts
- Discharge housing
2023 commemorates our 92nd anniversary. Though we are extremely proud of this accomplishment, we are humbled to be among the few companies to reach such a significant milestone. This longevity is a testament to the employees, customers, suppliers, and community we have worked with over the years.